The Joplin Schools Foundation advocates for the future of all students by enriching educational experiences, engaging community and other resources, and elevating the success of Joplin Schools.
The Joplin Schools Foundation is committed to:
- Supporting the mission of Joplin Schools: Investing in the Future Today by Inspiring our Students to Pursue Excellence.
- Enhancing opportunities for students’ success.
- Enabling schools to take advantage of important opportunities that would otherwise be beyond reach.
- Being an incubator for innovative ideas.
- Celebrating the past and providing direction for the future of Joplin Schools.
- Securing funding for the endeavors of the Foundation.
- Engaging community support.
Since its inception in 1993, the Joplin Schools Foundation has actively raised funds to enhance educational opportunities in our schools. Some notable accomplishments include
- Raising over $600,000 to provide every classroom with a computer and internet access, and reducing the computer-to-student ratio from 13:1 to 4:1.
- Securing gifts to build the state-of-the-art Timothy T. Reynolds Multimedia Learning Center and television studio at the former Joplin High School.
- Providing the Joplin High School band with over $150,000 in in-kind donations for their trip to the Cotton Bowl and the Rose Parade.
- Purchasing more than 5,300 books for Joplin School District libraries.
- Furnishing every classroom with a Smartboard.
- Coordinating the Snackpack program to serve over 650 food insecure students in 12 elementary schools.
- Funding the immediate Snackpack program increase after the May 2011 tornado.
- Implementing the Joplin Schools Alumni Association to connect Joplin graduates with the past, present, and future of Joplin Schools.
The Joplin Schools Foundation Board of Directors believes the greatest legacy for future generations is a permanent fund designated solely for the purpose of exemplary public education in our community. By supporting the Foundation with your gifts, you place your trust in the value of excellence in education now and in the future.
Endowed funds are one of the most important sources of support for education today. Operating like an investment account for the school district, funds are invested as capital, rather than used as cash for immediate needs. An endowment gift may be made in many forms like stock, life insurance or real estate. The gift will be invested and used each year for the purpose designated by the donor. An endowment gift is an excellent opportunity to build a legacy and support education.
Make a Donation
Please contact 417-625-5200. Or, you can mail a check or cash donation to:
Joplin Schools Foundation
PO Box 128
Joplin, MO, 64802